[mythtv-users] Upgraded to latest CVS now frontend will not talk to backend

Brian May bam at snoopy.apana.org.au
Sun May 23 18:41:15 EDT 2004

>>>>> "empire" == empire  <empire69 at cox.net> writes:

    empire> I have just upgraded my RH9 box to the latest CVS atrpm to
    empire> change to the Datadirect and get this error message "The
    empire> server uses network protocol version 1,but this client
    empire> only understands version 8. Make sure you are running
    empire> compatible versions of the backend and frontend." rpm -qa
    empire> shows mythtv-frontend-0.15-70cvs.rh9.at and
    empire> mythtv-backend-0.15-70cvs.rh9.at installed. Can anyone
    empire> help thanks in advance

Are you sure you restarted the backend? Reboot the computer if you
want to be positive.

You could still be running the previous version even if you upgraded,
if the process wasn't restarted.
--
Brian May <bam at snoopy.apana.org.au>