[mythtv-users] Disappearing recordings on schedule update

Nick Craig-Wood ncw1 at axis.demon.co.uk
Sun May 23 14:53:23 EDT 2004

On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 11:14:15AM -0700, Bruce Markey wrote:
> It is the intended behaviour for "Single" record. It must match
> the time to know that it is precisely the showing, live event, or
> whatever. Single has it's place but it is not the right answer for
> this situation. J. Donavan is right that in 0.14 you could set an
> All record rule then remove that rule after it succeeds.

I did think of doing that, but I usually have quite a lot of
recordings set and it would get a bit of a chore to remove them all!

> However, in 0.15, which will be released in the next few days, there
> is a new record type called FindOne that automatically does this
> for you. If you choose "Record one showing of this program" the
> scheduler will find the first showing that it can fit without a
> conflict, record it then remove this record rule.

Excellent news!  That sounds perfect for recording films and other one
off programs.  It sounds error prone for recording parts of series but
I don't think you'd use it for that anyway.

I shall look forward to the release of 0.15!

Thanks
--
Nick Craig-Wood
ncw1 at axis.demon.co.uk