[mythtv-users] unable to channel change under mythtv 0.14, M168-u card

Mike Bloom mike at databloom.com
Sun May 23 14:28:42 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm new, running KnoppMyth  (rav4_3 ?) which runs Mythtv 0.14 , I am using
an avermedia m168-u, which uses the brooktree bttv driver and have
implimented the changes for north american users using xmltv
(http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1514).

I realize that this is not a knoppmyth specific list, but I've crossposted
this in the hope of getting input on  how the database may be
mis-initialized to prevent channel browsing.

I'm able to view the default startup channel, watch it and have full
recording functionality of that one channel, but no others.

The programming guide is updating properly, I can schedule shows for
recording, however, all recorded shows default to the single default
channel programming (in my case tv ontario, channel 3).

I'm unable to use the up/down keys to switch channels in live tv mode, and
in live tv mode, hitting o or b brings up the channel list, hitting space
or enter has no effect on changing the channel.

I am able to browse channels with xawtv

I am guessing I've inadvertently broken the binding between the video
source and the channel guide in trying to patch the xmltv issues with
labs.zap2it.com.

When I kill mythbackend, and start it manually as root, I get:

CheckChannel failed, please verify channel "3" in the setup channel editor

in the setup channel editor, when I select only my video0 source, I see
all my channels, filled in with properties, and my channel numbers are
alphanumeric. When I strip away the alpha portion of the channel number,
the checkchannel error mentioned above disappears, and I am able to
manually key in the channels, and things switch channels without an issue.

I'm concerned that when the channel programming updates my hand database
updates may be overwritten.

Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Mike Bloom
DataBloom