[mythtv-users] Fedora FC2

Brian LeFevre blefevre at ida.net
Sun May 23 11:02:35 EDT 2004

daryl faulds wrote:
> --- Patrik Lockne <patrik at lockne.com> wrote:
>
>>knight at pogmech.net wrote:
>>
>>>I'm currently working on a fresh install of Fedora
>>
>>Core2 Test 3, and  using kernel 2.6.6 from
>>kernel.org. My system is a dual boot box (Win XP /
>>Fedora C2t3).
>> >

>>>[...]
>>

>>>Stuff I have working so far:
>>> Nvidia drivers (v4363  I have a geforce 4mx 440
>>
>>w/ tv-out : the kernel 4kstack issue was a pain to
>>deal with)
>>
>>>   note: glxgears using generic nv drivers:
>>
>>~220fps
>>
>>>         glxgears with nvidia drivers: ~1800 fps
>>>:-)
>>> IvTV v1.10-pre..ck67a
>>> LIRC (latest CVS from 05/16/04)
>>> MPlayer (compiled from source)
>>> MySQL (v.4.0.19.tar.gz file, Qt-mysql rpm,
>>
>>dev-header rpm, and client-support rpm)
>> >
>> >[...]
>>
>>How did you get the IvTV drivers to work on FC2? I
>>have tried using the
>>version you used (..ck67a) and other versions (both
>>older and more
>>recent) but can't get it to work.
>>
>>They compile alright ("make", "make install"), and
>>seem to load without
>>problems ("make reload") as far as I can tell from
>>log files, but every
>>time I try to change some settings using test_ioctl
>>I get a segfault.
>>
>>I'm using the kernel that came with the FC2 release
>>- do I need to
>>compile my own using the kernel.org sources?
>>
>>/Patrik

> I am not getting the nvidia drivers to work with a
> MX440 card and FC2. Is there a description of how to
> do it?
>
> Thanks in advance.

> Yahoo! Domains – Claim yours for only $14.70/year
> http://smallbusiness.promotions.yahoo.com/offer

Yeah, wait until NVIDIA releases new 4kstack drivers.  Or recompile your
kernel without 4kstacks.

I have fc2 installed and I am using cvs version of mythtv.  (no nvidia
yet just out to monitor)

These are the issues I am facing. My apache daemon won't start without a
ssl certificate, mythbackend is stealing audio rights from mythfrontend.
  fuserv -v shows only mythbackend using /dev/dsp.  And my video capture
card(bttv) is not working yet (it was first detected as pal and I forced
the tuner to NTSC).  Other than that everything looks good.  It
shouldn't be too long before I sort throught he oddities.