[mythtv-users] Feature request. MythVideo folder browser.

Craig Tinson craig at 8010.co.uk
Sun May 23 07:54:18 EDT 2004

> Asking for a feature is not contributing it's leeching.  Had the
> MythVideo folder browser been contributed instead of requested it
> would have received a much better reaction.

huh??? "Asking for a feature is not contributing it's leeching"?? your joking right??

it's not leeching! it's user interaction.. where the hell would software development be today if it weren't for things like putting software out there for, as example, "usability testing" and the like??

software is not only used by the developer writing that software.. its (hopefully) used by hundreds and thousands of people.. *those* peoples ideas on features and usability issues are *priceless* in terms of whether software will continue to be used.

Myth is an *amazing* application as far as I am concerned (and probably 99.99% of others on this list) and to keep it going forward *requires* that people use it and contribute their ideas and feature requests.

I am a developer.. but not a linux developer.. if I could contribute (code-wise) to this project I'd dedicate all my spare time to it (wife wouldn't be impressed.. but hey.. lol).. alas I can't do that.. but I certainly think there are other ways of supporting a project.. using and letting people know of their experiences, reporting bugs, suggesting improvements, helping others when they come across problems etc etc.. and this list is *full* of all of that..

I say again.. an amazing application.. and keep up the excellent work..

My 2p worth..

Craig