[mythtv] RE: [mythtv-users] tv_grab_na_dd backport datato.14system?

Jim Bauer jfbauer at comcast.net
Sat May 22 22:06:14 EDT 2004

On Saturday 22 May 2004 20:17, Matthew Mead wrote:

> OK, this makes sense. The Problem is what should the script entry be?
> because the one I thought I was supposed to use doesn't work (see error
> message above).  This was what I had entered into my crontab -e
>
> #!/bin/sh
>     #/usr/local/bin/mythfilldatabasecron_dd
>
>     # temporary filename
</snip>

> Is that the wrong script? Whats the right one I should be using?

When you edit/create those kinds of crontab files, each line has a
special format the describes what command to run and when to run it.
See "man 5 crontab" for details.  But here is an example.

10 4 * * * some_command

It says to run "some_command" at 0410 each day.

> Whats the command to make them executable? I'm sort of new with linux but I
> think I remember its chmod with some sort of flag.
>
> Is that correct?

"chmod +x filename" will make 'filename' executable.