[mythtv-users] Strange audio when ripping DVD

Stephen Atkins atkinss at shaw.ca
Sat May 22 17:44:44 EDT 2004

Yeah I know that now.  Turns out I missed a step some where when
installing MythDVD.  I didn't even have transcode installed.  I always
thought that transcode = mythtranscode.  Any way I hope anyone else
having this problem will be able to read this thread.  I downloaded
transcode from http://zebra.fh-weingarten.de/~transcode/.  I compiled
and installed it with out much of a problem.  The only thing that I did
need to do was change the soft link of export_xvid.so to point to
export_xvid4.so instead of export_xvid2.so.  Once I did that I was able
to run transcode (using the mtd.log as a guide).  Its currently
transcoding my movie with the proper audio track (I was able to
view/hear it under myth while it is transcoding).  Thanks for you help
everyone.  If anyone has any more hints or tips for using trancode
please let me know.  Especially if you know how to get it to go faster
than 17 fps.  I already have a XP2500+ and a gig of ram so I'm not sure
what else I could do.  Currently the machine isn't even running X.

Stephen