[mythtv-users] Feature Request

Kyle Rose krose+mythtv at krose.org
Sat May 22 17:25:05 EDT 2004

Bruce Markey <bjm at lvcm.com> writes:

> Do not refer anyone who posts to these lists concerning MythTV to
> another site. You are welcome to answer anyone's questions but
> this is the site for the MythTV project. No one who posts
> questions here should ever be told, or have it implied, that they
> have to go elsewhere for information about MythTV.

Because, of course, the suppression of potentially useful outside
information reduces opportunities for you to stroke your ego by
maintaining an iron grip on information related to the project.

Give me a break, Bruce.  People posting here are merely looking for
solutions to problems they're encountering with Myth: if a member of
this list---but not of the development team, or not officially
associated with Myth development---knows the answer and has already
written it up on a web page to keep from having to explain it fifty
times, why shouldn't he refer to it?  IIRC, this is how Jarod's
(extraordinarily helpful) HOWTO got started.

By analogy, does every question about the Linux kernel go through
Linus or even the LKML?  Of course not.

Cheers,
Kyle