[mythtv-users] Failed to get TV listings

papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Sat May 22 12:36:08 EDT 2004

> > > 2)  Compile from CVS (which doesn't seem to be working with the obvious
> > > ./configure;make on my Gentoo system, and the build setup seems to be
> > > different for some of the modules).
> > >
> > > 3)  Figure out how to use tv_grab_na_dd with 0.14 (and a look through
> > > some previous threads indicates that this is a challenge at best; if
> > > someone has it working, please tell us how to do it or point to the
> > > right posting).

	OK... quick question for those in the know.  I've decided to do option
2) today (CVS compile) and I'll change to the official 0.15 when it comes out.
The I've compiled it and it appears to work, although I'm having issues with my
former procedure for updating the database offline.  I used to run
"tv_grab_na --config-file $CONFIG --output $OUTPUT"
manually on my work machine, and bring the $OUTPUT home to the mythbox and run:
"mythfilldatabase --file Television -1 $OUTPUT"

Of course, the tv_grab_na doesn't work anymore.  What's the CLI equiv of that
for dd?  I'm not too thrilled about trying to get tv_grab_na_dd rolling on my
work machine since I'd rather get away from xmltv altogether.  Thoughts,
comments (aside from connect the machine at home... it's complicated)... :)

Thanks,
-Cory

* The prime directive of Linux:  					*
* 	- learn what you don't know, 					*