[mythtv-users] Failed to get TV listings

papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Sat May 22 09:42:15 EDT 2004

	Sadly, mine's blown up early.  I don't even have dialup set up at home,
so I sneakernet a floppy with the database home once or twice a week (yes, it's
a PITA and really quite sad).  I went to upgrade last night and discovered it's
broken.  Database is hosed as of tonight.  No mythtv until 0.15... so sad....
:)

-Cory

On Sat, 22 May 2004, Isaac Richards wrote:

> On Saturday 22 May 2004 01:07 am, William Powers wrote:
> > Preston Crow wrote:
> > > So we have three options:
> > >
> > > 1)  A new 0.15 release of Myth before the listings run out at the end of
> > > next week.
> > >
> > > 2)  Compile from CVS (which doesn't seem to be working with the obvious
> > > ./configure;make on my Gentoo system, and the build setup seems to be
> > > different for some of the modules).
> > >
> > > 3)  Figure out how to use tv_grab_na_dd with 0.14 (and a look through
> > > some previous threads indicates that this is a challenge at best; if
> > > someone has it working, please tell us how to do it or point to the
> > > right posting).
> >
> > For anyone who prefers Option 3 over Option 2 until 0.15 is released,
> > the attached procedure worked for me; I have been using tv_grab_na_dd
> > for a couple of weeks now.  The script attached at bottom only supports
> > a single zap2it lineup, but if you need multiple lineups, a suitable
> > script was posted earlier on this list.  Search for 'mtdean'.
>
> And, for those that are contemplating this, just realize that you're going to
> have to go through it all _again_ in a few days when 0.15's released.  Wait
> until then -- your guide data should last until the end of next week, so
> waiting until the release is available won't hurt.
>
> Isaac

* The prime directive of Linux:  					*
* 	- learn what you don't know, 					*
* 	- teach what you do.						*