[mythtv-users] Fedora FC2

Patrik Lockne patrik at lockne.com
Sat May 22 06:39:34 EDT 2004

knight at pogmech.net wrote:
> I'm currently working on a fresh install of Fedora Core2 Test 3, and  using kernel 2.6.6 from kernel.org. My system is a dual boot box (Win XP / Fedora C2t3).
 >
>[...]
 >
> Stuff I have working so far:
>  Nvidia drivers (v4363  I have a geforce 4mx 440 w/ tv-out : the kernel 4kstack issue was a pain to deal with)
>    note: glxgears using generic nv drivers: ~220fps
>          glxgears with nvidia drivers: ~1800 fps >:-)
>  IvTV v1.10-pre..ck67a
>  LIRC (latest CVS from 05/16/04)
>  MPlayer (compiled from source)
>  MySQL (v.4.0.19.tar.gz file, Qt-mysql rpm, dev-header rpm, and client-support rpm)
 >
 >[...]

How did you get the IvTV drivers to work on FC2? I have tried using the
version you used (..ck67a) and other versions (both older and more
recent) but can't get it to work.

They compile alright ("make", "make install"), and seem to load without
problems ("make reload") as far as I can tell from log files, but every
time I try to change some settings using test_ioctl I get a segfault.

I'm using the kernel that came with the FC2 release - do I need to
compile my own using the kernel.org sources?

/Patrik