[mythtv-users] More feature requests

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Fri May 21 21:47:16 EDT 2004

David wrote:
> Gerald Gryschuk wrote:
>
>> Having a feature request with code is more useful but I don't think one
>> without is "not all that useful".
>>
>> All feature requests are great because it makes us go "hmm, I hadn't
>> thought of that, what a great idea". And maybe somebody will like the
>> idea so much they'll code it up.
>>
>> People who make feature requests without code should understand that it
>> probably won't be high on someone's list but they shouldn't be expected
>> to submit code.
>>
>> Hell, I've been wondering if it wouldn't be possible to take feature
>> requests and put them on the myth web page somehow. Get them all
>> collected in one place so that users and developers can see what people
>> are looking for. Maybe even have a voting system. This doesn't mean the
>> developers have to listen to the voters, heck it's our time, but at
>> least they will know which things the normal user is looking for.
>>

> see: http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/UserWishList
>
> (For any developers on the *mythtv-users* list :) )

Excuse me but you are not the owner or maintainer of this list
and you have no authority to decide who is allow to participate
and what the ground rules are or how this list should be used to
serve your purposes.

You really ought to step back and reconsider the boundaries of
your presumption that you have the right to usurp the work of
others.

--  bjm