[mythtv-users] Feature Request

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Fri May 21 21:07:54 EDT 2004

Jeff "Muddy" Waters wrote:
> Would it be possible to add a feature to the schedule that searches
> for key words in a show and flags it so you can decide if you want to
> schedule it or not?

Yes. It's there but the implementation is a little different
than the specifics that you imply.

> example.. I want to record shows about the F4U Corsair, so I go into
> myth and add the keyword Corsair to the list and whenever a show pops up
> that has that word included it adds it to a list of shows to add the
> schedule. I can then say yes record it or no don't.

Go to TV->Schedule Recordings->Search Listings->Descriptions.
There will be a popup box. Click "<New Phrase>" and enter "Corsair"
from a keyboard or use numbers like cell phone text entry from
your remote. Click "OK". You will see a list of everything that
has "Corsair" in the title, subtitle, or description. Press "R"
on anything you'd like to record or press "I" or Enter to see the
recording options page for that show.

The words you enter are remembered so you don't have to type them
again. If you come back a few days or a week later, just select
"Corsair" to choose the things you'd like to record and skip the
things you don't want. If you have more than one keyword saved, you
can use the Home and End keys to go directly from the results of
one search to the next without going back to the popup.

--  bjm