[mythtv-users] MPlayer flicker after cold start

Richard Naninck richard.naninck at home.nl
Fri May 21 19:36:43 EDT 2004

Hi,

I use:

KDE Desktop
mythtv CVS
focus follows mouse
and the /home/mythtv/.mplayer/config file looks like:

lircconf=/home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc
vo=xvmc,xv,
fs=yes
vc=ffmpeg12mc,mpeg12,
double=yes
zoom=yes
ontop=yes
really-quiet=yes
nojoystick=yes
monitoraspect=4:3
ao=alsa1x:spdif
ac=hwac3,

When I try to watch a movie from mythvideo after a reboot, some movies play
just fine, but others start to flicker. MPlayer wants to be in front of the
mythvideo gui, but seems to loose it creating somekind of focus issue. I
have had this behaviour for as long as I can remeber, but never came around
to fixing it. It is consistent after every cold start. What seems to help is
exit the movie, move the mouse a little bit and start the movie again. Then
all movies at any time come to the front on top of the mythvideo gui like
they should until I have rebooted the system again. I don't reboot that
often, so I didn't bother, but now I want to move my system some place I
can't reach it very easy to kick the mouse.
Is there someone out there with this same behaviour, or better yet, someone
with a solution to this problem?
I searched the threads, but came up empty.

Different thing, but while I am at it. Why can't I save my language setting
from within mythweb? I can change it directly in the config file, but
mythweb isn't able to save the settings. I looked at permissions, but also
couldn't find a solution. Anybody?

Thanks,

Richard