[mythtv-users] Failed to get TV listings

Preston Crow pc-mythtv04 at crowcastle.net
Fri May 21 14:28:10 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 09:24, Rick Laity wrote:
> If we do have to change to DataDirect I fully expect thousands of us
> linux neophytes are going to be in real trouble unless we get the .15
> release or a lot of hand holding.  It warns us (or used to) that we
> shouldn't be using CVS unless were were supermen.

So we have three options:

1)  A new 0.15 release of Myth before the listings run out at the end of
next week.

2)  Compile from CVS (which doesn't seem to be working with the obvious
./configure;make on my Gentoo system, and the build setup seems to be
different for some of the modules).

3)  Figure out how to use tv_grab_na_dd with 0.14 (and a look through
some previous threads indicates that this is a challenge at best; if
someone has it working, please tell us how to do it or point to the
right posting).

I vote for option 1.  (Yes, I know I'm just a pebble voting for the
avalanche to start.)

--PC