[mythtv-users] Failed to get TV listings

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Fri May 21 14:08:34 EDT 2004

Matthew Mead wrote:
> Considering I am starting from a clean state... I don't think I should need
> to backup the database.

Ouch ;-). If you are considering starting from a clean state,
you absolutely want to back up your database first. You should
make backups on a regular basis to help recover from unexpected
distaster. The day will come that you will be happy you did =).

I backup my db to a file every Friday shortly before I do tape
backups.

Anyway, changing the grabber for your video source should not
entail having to re do all of your setting, losing all of your
recording info and record rules etc.

> But I am looking for any info on how to setup CVS.
>
> I looked through the HOWTO doc at mythtv.org and there wasn't anything in it
> about CVS.

http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-5.html

--  bjm