[mythtv-users] Failed to get TV listings

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Fri May 21 14:08:34 EDT 2004

Matthew Mead wrote:
> Considering I am starting from a clean state... I don't think I should need
> to backup the database.

Ouch ;-). If you are considering starting from a clean state,
you absolutely want to back up your database first. You should
make backups on a regular basis to help recover from unexpected
distaster. The day will come that you will be happy you did =).

I backup my db to a file every Friday shortly before I do tape

Anyway, changing the grabber for your video source should not
entail having to re do all of your setting, losing all of your
recording info and record rules etc.

> But I am looking for any info on how to setup CVS.
> I looked through the HOWTO doc at mythtv.org and there wasn't anything in it
> about CVS.

--  bjm