[mythtv-users] Streaming to Windows clients

bobnvic at everestkc.net bobnvic at everestkc.net
Thu May 20 13:57:00 EDT 2004

James Orr wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 04:07, Charlie Blank wrote:
> > Hi,
> >  I am new to MythTV, hoping that this isn't a stupid question :-|
> >
> > As my Linux-TV-Server is located in my 'home server room', I
> would like
> > to stream the live
> > TV stream/the recordings to windows clients in my house. So far I
> > haven't seen this
> > possibility with MythTV. Did I miss it - or isn't that possible?
> What> are the requirements
> > on the Windows Client?
>
> I *believe* this is possible with the CVS version of MythTV +
> MythWeb.
> I'm not running CVS version, so i'm not sure, but I think I saw other
> people discussing it.
>
> Can't wait for 0.15 ... seems like it will have a lot of new cool
> stufflike that.

This is possible with cvs mythtv using Torbjörn Jansson's DSMYTH
directshow filters, although it can't change channels at this time
as I understand it.  Just do a google search for dsmyth and it's the
first hit.  You can then access the recordings using commandline or
samba.  There is a windows frontend called winmyth that uses the
dsmyth filters.  The cvs mythweb (which requires cvs mythtv)
supports myth:// links for the recordings, which will allow you a
nice convienant way to select and play recordings using dsmyth without
needing winmyth (which doesn't support mythtv cvs) or windows explorer.

Bob