[mythtv-users] X won't display on my PVR-350 TV-out...

Josh Dalcher mythtv at dalcher.com
Thu May 20 00:29:21 EDT 2004

Hello everyone,
I am down to my last major issue thanks to some kind help from Steven!

I only have one problem left... I configured my XFConfig file as described in Jarod's guide in order to get X to display on the 350's TV-Out.  The only change was to modify my PCI bus to 0:0x0b:0.

After restarting X I am still left with no mythfrontend on my TV, but it shows up fine on my monitor.  When I tell Myth to watch tv or a recording, the picture moves from the monitor to the TV (monitor goes black).  When I exit the tv or recording, the mythfrontend defaults back to my monitor (TV goes black).  I want to be able to see my Myth frontend through my TV-out when I'm not watching tv or recordings so I can ditch this lousy monitor.

Any ideas how to troubleshoot this one?  I'm running stock, fresh install FC1.  The only capture device on the system is my PVR-350.  Everything else is set up as described in Jarod's guide.
Thanks again for all the help!
Josh