[mythtv-users] gentoo and mythdvd

Stephen L. Ulmer ulmer at ulmer.org
Wed May 19 19:17:50 EDT 2004

On 19 May 2004, hpoley at dds.nl said:
> Op woensdag 19 mei 2004 17:13, schreef Stephen L. Ulmer:
>> On 19 May 2004, jbaker at dryfish.org.uk verbalized:
>>> All fixed. Thanks.

>> My problem with the solutions in this thread (including my lack of
>> one) is that they all assume that I actually *want* to link against
>> libXinerama.  If I don't, where do I turn the knob?
>
> Uhm, disable the use of xinerama, so remove the xinerama useflag?
> You probably need to do that in /etc/make.conf
>
> Or do:
> # USE="-xinerama" emerge mythdvd
>
> To temporarily disable it for whatever reason (do you use Xinerama?)
>
> 	Henk Poley <><

Not to be impolite, but I know how to use emerge -- read the entire
thread (you might be confusing me with the OP).

My problem is that I don't use (or USE) Xinerama, but some part of the
MythTV core builds against it anyway. It's also possible that
something that MythTV links against is incorrectly lnking itself
against Xinerama.  No amount of using emerge correctly helps if the
ebuild or the software is broken.

I've never done any Qt development, if it were something else I might
fix it myself.

--
Stephen