[mythtv-users] Problem recording at 720x576

Stephen Longhurst steve at longsteve.com
Wed May 19 07:56:04 EDT 2004

>> When I set 720x576, I get a full picture in the top left of my monitor
>> window that's about 80% the size of the screen.  There's a black
>> border on the right, and at the bottom of the screen there is a large
>> flickering green bar.  The available picture is also quite distorted,
>> although it's still recognisable.
>>
>> Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> Strange - I'm in the UK too and I get full screen.  What are the
> settings in your /etc/modules.conf file?

Off the top of my head I can't remember, but I know that everything
works fine when using 640x480, so I don't think things are inherently
wrong there.  I get full screen video in myth which I could live with.
It's just I'm fussy, and I was hoping that 720x576 might sharpen
things up a bit.

> Also have you tried capturing some video using
>   dd if=/dev/video0 of=/tmp/test.mpg bs=64k
> and then playing the captured video using mplayer?
That's a good idea, I'll do that and see what happens.  I know this
works ok (I did it for setup), but mplayer will tell me what
resolution the video is at.

I've tried test_ioctl -f width=720,height=576 after loading the ivtv
modules, but this didn't seem to have any effect on mythtv.

> Also what source are you capturing from?  I haven't had a problem
> using "test_ioctl -p 0" for my Sky DigiBox.
I'm using the tuner input, attached to an NTL cable connection.  I
definitely do "test_ioctl -p 4" or possible 0 after the module load, I
can't remember which.

Sorry for the vagueness, I'll dig into it a bit further tonight.

      Steve

--
Stephen Longhurst
steve at longsteve.com