[mythtv-users] 0.00GB files...

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Wed May 19 07:43:48 EDT 2004

At 11:17 18/05/2004 -0300, you wrote:
>Michael Donohue wrote:
>
>>Could you give some more details about the flags you pass to ivtv.
>>I've been getting 0 length files after the myth box has been on for a
>>while.  I assumed it was just a bug in the ivtv driver.  Unloading it,
>>and loading it again usually fixes it temporarily.

This kind of behaviour is quite common apparently. Lots of people do
scheduled reboots and/or rmmod/modprobes to get around ivtv having
screaming fits.

>I had this problem initially as well, I think I fixed it with one of these
>settings, here's my /etc/modules.conf file:
>
>alias char-major-81 videodev
>alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
>options ivtv ivtv_debug=1 dec_yuv_buffers=20
>options tuner type=2
>options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
>add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 tuner
>add above ivtv lirc_dev lirc_i2c

FWIW:

alias char-major-81     videodev
alias char-major-81-0   ivtv
alias char-major-61             lirc_i2c
options ivtv debug=0 mpg_buffers=30 ivtv_pal=1
options tuner type=1
options saa7127 pal=1 enable_output=1 output_select=0
add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 saa7127 tuner
add above ivtv lirc_dev lirc_i2c

I don't know if it's anything at all to do with my config, but I've found
ivtv to be very stable indeed. It's currently been running for upwards of 2
weeks without a hiccup. I started off using the last known stable (0.19?)
but have switched to the gentoo ebuild.

>Hope that helps, I have a feeling that the dec_yuv_buffers might be the
>solution.

Well, adding the mpg_buffers certainly helped in mine.