[mythtv-users] Problem recording at 720x576

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Wed May 19 07:39:04 EDT 2004

>When I set 720x576, I get a full picture in the top left of my monitor
>window that's about 80% the size of the screen.  There's a black
>border on the right, and at the bottom of the screen there is a large
>flickering green bar.  The available picture is also quite distorted,
>although it's still recognisable.
>
>Off the top of my head, I've got the usual PAL settings in the ivtv
>section of modules.conf (ivtv_pal=1, that sort of thing), and like I
>said everything is fine at 640x480.  I'm using ivtv 0.1.9, but was
>thing of trying out the 0.1.10-pre2 with Chris Kennedy's patches.

I have exactly the same problem - whenever I set the capture to anything
larger than 640x480 (standard PAL res IIRC) I too get the snowy borders at
the bottom and right of the screen.

Module config as as such:

alias char-major-81     videodev
alias char-major-81-0   ivtv
alias char-major-61             lirc_i2c
options ivtv debug=0 mpg_buffers=30 ivtv_pal=1
options tuner type=1
options saa7127 pal=1 enable_output=1 output_select=0
add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 saa7127 tuner
add above ivtv lirc_dev lirc_i2c

The paramaters I pass to test_ioctl after the module is loaded (for some
reason, the "post-install" option in modules.d doesn't seem to want to
work, so I have to run this script on startup) are:

test_ioctl -u 0xff                      #Sets to PAL input
test_ioctl -p 4                         #Sets input to TV tuner
test_ioctl -f width=640,height=480

Capture is straight from an analogue aerial - anyone have any ideas?