[mythtv-users] Mailing list and a Wiki... and a dessert topping

Peter Valdemar Morch swp5jhu02 at sneakemail.com
Wed May 19 05:01:55 EDT 2004

Hej Simon,

Simon Kenyon simon-at-koala.ie |Lists| wrote:
> a suggestion:
>
> use the wiki as a staging area for docs which will go into the mythtv.org docs
> (assuming that they are accepted)
>
> ask for volunteers to take topics and trawl through all info sources and add
> this info to the wiki. topics include (but are not limited to):

I think this is an excellent idea - constructive and actionable.

I've modified http://mythtv.info/moin.cgi/WantedPages to include (most
of) your list.

> architecture
 > tv-out
 > ui
 > remote control (lirc, remotes, key bindings)
 > themes
 > plugins (weather, news, dvd, video, music, browser)
 > codecs
 > transcoding

I found that the following was partially written already ( Items with a
'*' are names of existing wiki pages.:

 > distributions (myth and os)
    * LinuxDistros
    * OperatingSystems

 > audio (oss, alsa, sp/dif, routing)
    * AlsaSound
    * BtaudioHowTo
    * DigitalSoundHowTo

 > dvd authoring
I don't really know this too well, so I kept the items from your list,
but these topics already do exist, and maybe that is sufficient...
    * DvdBackUp
    * DvdMenuHowTo
    * DvdToDvdBackupHowTo

> installation (compiling, installing, configuring)
I do find that the official docs are pretty good at that. Don't you
think? What would you like to change?

> hardware (cases, cooling, machine, capture card, display card)
I decided that it was covered already, because these pages already exist:
    * HardWare
    * HardWare/BareBones
    * HardWare/CoolingQuietly
    * HardWare/VideoCaptureCards
    * HardWare/VideoCaptureCards/DVBCards
    * HardWare/VideoCaptureCards/PvR250
    * HardWare/VideoCaptureCards/PvR350
    * HardWare/VideoCaptureCards/PvR350/HintsAndTips

--
Peter Valdemar Mørch
http://www.XXXXXXXXX