[mythtv-users] Mailing list and a Wiki... and a dessert topping

Paul Woodward paul_woodward at fastnet.co.uk
Wed May 19 04:28:13 EDT 2004

I have followed this thread and there are a number of questions outstanding:
1. Isaac: As owner of this project, do you believe it is right that the official
docs should contain information for setting up specific hardware for use on a
myth box. For example 'I have sound card X, here are my alsa configs, mplayer
configs etc, here are the configurations I set to get myth working'.

2. If the answer to the above is yes, then fine, lets make efforts to collect
such information and contribute it to to the docs maintainer. If no we have an
obvious need for a myth Wiki.

Another issue apparent to me is the need for collaborative effort to create the
above information:
In my case I have an M-Audio Revolution sound card. These are not the easiest of
beasts to get working. I spent many hours trawling the web picking up disparate
tips to get it working (substancially from the ALSA wiki and mailing list). I
would like to share the information I collected to get my myth setup working. I
don't believe my setup is perfect, and as such it is not something I think
should be contributed to the official docs yet. However the information I have
could be contributed to a Wiki saving other poeple the time and trouble I had
in getting it to work. Anyone else with the same setup then has the opportunity
to improve my configuration. When satisfied this can then be promoted to the
official docs as the accepted solution.

Paul