[mythtv-users] Setup questions (FC1)

match at ece.utah.edu match at ece.utah.edu
Tue May 18 18:55:08 EDT 2004

On 18 May 2004 at 14:37, Andy Lee wrote:

> - In general, is it a good idea to go ahead and let up2date do it's
> magic, or is that more likely to screw things up than anything else?
>

> -Andy

Don't do it! up2date will magically break your system. It was so slow when I tried to use
it (just because the little exclamation point anoyed me) that after DAYS of doing
updates, I never did get back to a system where versions of various softwares (like
compilers and libraries GEEZ!) would play nicely with each other. Never again will I fall
for that trap.

And up2date used to work so well with RedHat 9. I haven't gone back to up2date on
FC1 to see if it's fixed, and at this point I won't bother.

Marvin