[mythtv-users] Setup questions (FC1)

John Sturgeon john at sturgeonfamily.com
Tue May 18 17:52:55 EDT 2004

Andy Lee wrote:

> - In general, is it a good idea to go ahead and let up2date do it's
> magic, or is that more likely to screw things up than anything else?
>

> -Andy

Hi Andy and welcome to the world of MythTV.

To answer your last question, my experience is that if you followed
Jarod's guide it's better to do apt-get dist-upgrade than use up2date.
I did an up2date the first time I went through Jarod's guide (because of
that annoying little red exclaimation point that kept nagging me!) and
it butchered kde and a few libraries for me.

Good Luck

--
John Sturgeon <><