[mythtv-users] Mailing list and a Wiki... and a dessert topping

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Tue May 18 17:07:41 EDT 2004

Op dinsdag 18 mei 2004 22:50, schreef Pete Hartman:
> At 02:55 PM 5/18/04 -0500, you wrote:
> >As a newbie, I went to the "wiki" and found it unusable.
> >TitlesLikeThese remind me of filelike.ths type of limitations/standards
>
> I fail to see any similarity.  The problem is that TitlesLikeThese are
> proper variable names (aka WikiWords) and cannot have spaces in
> them.  However, anyone reading the various "Good Wiki Style" documents
> should know how to refer to a WikiWord without resorting to leaving the
> bare word just lying there.  There's no "limitation" there--it's a style
> thing and if you have a problem with it, fix the document yourself by
> reading up on good style and participating.

In UserPreferences you can set MoinMoin to include spaces between the
capitials in camel-case words (aka "BlahBlah" -> "Blah Blah").

This only works when you are logged in, and I think it breaks the Wiki idea a
bit. You can't as easely see what is an internal link and what an external
one.

> (for the record, the Wiki I have most experience with, Twiki, uses
> [[WikiWord][Wiki Word Text Name]] tags to eliminate this problem.  For all
> I know, they all use the same syntax)

Just learned a new trick, in MoinMoin you can do:
[wiki:/WikiWord Wiki Word Text Name]

	Henk Poley <><