[mythtv-users] Mailing list and a Wiki... and a dessert topping

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Tue May 18 16:59:20 EDT 2004

Op dinsdag 18 mei 2004 22:31, schreef J. Donavan Stanley:
> John Sturgeon wrote:
> > Michael J. Sherman wrote:
> >> Oh, and there's a Guides section, then a HOWTO section.  What's the
> >> difference?
> >
> > Good question.  Why don't you log in and fix it?
>
> I'm *really* sick of this topic but I just had to point out the
> hypocrisy of your answers to Michael here.   Here you are telling him to
> fix the wiki when the wiki folks refuse to fix the existing docs and
> instead run off to do their own thing (and get it wrong).

Quite a few of the people who have now contributed to the Wiki say they want
to either:
- Fix the existing docs but in a more interactive way
- Put up stuff that don't have a place in the general existing docs

I'm more for the second approach, but well, it's not me to decide what others
should do, isn't it?

Also, the whole Wiki idea is about about fixing the document when you think it
is needed. So it is quite common to encourage people to actually do that
themselves when they say it is needed.

You currently don't even need to log in to change stuff, but that might
change, I've smashed the first troll already :-)

	Henk Poley <><