[mythtv-users] Re: Actisys IR-200L Errors

Dan Goldberg dan at orca1.com
Tue May 18 13:31:11 EDT 2004

Hi Dave,

I did get it to work eventually with the Samsung SIR-S300W config file. But
I don't think I ever knew exactly what did the trick.

One thing is to make sure you do this part when building the remote_lirc
package:

cd /usr/src/linux    (linux linked to your kernel or linux-2.4)
make mrproper
cp /boot/config-`uname -r` .config
make oldconfig ; make dep

If I recall, I was able to build and load the kernel module without doing
that, but nothing worked.

However, I think at that point it still didn't work so I started creating a
config file from scratch using remote_irrecord. I wasn't able to have it
automatically create a config file but I think, after that, it just seemed
to work. I really don't know exactly what I did (perhaps rebooting after
making some change), but something worked.

I should point out, though, that it currently doesn't work on my machine
either but I also can't enter kde without it hanging my machine. I messed up
my machine over the weekend.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you figure it out because it may help me if
I can't get it working again.

Dan.