[mythtv-users] making capture a real 640x480-getting rid of blackbars

papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Tue May 18 07:36:46 EDT 2004

	I've looked through the ivtv source a bit, and it looks like there's
some hard-coded "black border" #defines in there that have been mucked with in
the past.  You could take a look at that.

	I've noticed very small black borders on mine, but haven't had the time
or ambition to play with it.  What's been cut out is normally overscanned out
of the picture on the TV anyway.

-Cory

On Mon, 17 May 2004, Jeff "Muddy" Waters wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 22:43, Jeff "Muddy" Waters wrote:
> > >

> > > There shouldn't be any black borders.   If you do a "cat /dev/video0 >
> > > /tmp/test.mpg" , does the resulting video have any borders?   Does the
> > > video have borders when played back on other machines?
> > >
> > > If there are borders, that's an IVTV thing.
> >
> > Thank you for the tip, I'll try that and see how it goes.

> I shall consult the ivtv gods then, it's there on every station, however
> it's a different size for each one. Which makes no sense since I'm
> recording off the s-video out on my digital cable box.
> At least I have a better idea where the trouble is, thank you for your
> time Will.

* The prime directive of Linux:  					*
* 	- learn what you don't know, 					*
* 	- teach what you do.						*