[mythtv-users] PVR-250MCE and Jarod's guide

Alan Carlson ACarlson at PHN-WACO.ORG
Mon May 17 18:14:06 EDT 2004

>>> voidtrance at comcast.net 5/17/04 12:26:24 PM >>>

> Once the modules have been compiled and installed, add the
cardtype=2
> parameter to the ivtv module in /etc/modules.conf and you should be
good
> to go.

I too am working through getting 3 of the $88 PVR250MCEs off of ebay
working using Jarod's guide.  You really have to dig to find the
information to do this. As a Linux newbie, using Axel's
ivtv-experimental rpms would be much easier than what I did. I
downloaded the IVTV 0.1.9 cardtype patch from pcalchemy and patched and
then compiled the IVTV 0.1.9 source.
( http://www.pcalchemy.com/downloads.php?pageaction=jumplink&link_id=3
)

I finally got all three boards in the case today and capturing video!

I edited the edit /etc/modules.conf and changed Jarod's line from

options ivtv ivtv_debug=1 mpg_buffers=90

options ivtv ivtv_debug=1 cardtype=2,2,2 mpg_buffers=90

Basically, you add one "2" separated by commas for each card.

I have a PVR-350 that I want add to the setup also. If the PVR-350 is
the first board next to the video card and then the three PVR-250MCEs go
out from there, from my reading I understand that using cardtype=,2,2,2
should work. Basically I am telling the system to autodetect the PVR-350
and then setting the cardtype to 2 for the rest. But this just hard
locks the system like it did when you try to load the ivtv module
without the cardtype patch.

I have tried different combinations, but have not gotten the 350 to
work with the 250MCEs. Is the pcalchemy patch not able to handle
different cardtypes??

(Quick note: I just checked eBay and the cards are now only $86 - and
the guy shipped fast!)

Thanks,

Alan

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY: The content of this electronic mail and any attachments hereto may contain confidential business, proprietary, and/or health information that is protected by law and is intended only for the use of the specifically named recipient(s). In addition, such mail and attachments may contain a communication that is protected from disclosure by the attorney-client and/or attorney work-product privileges. The authorized recipient(s) of this information may not disclose such information to any other party unless permitted or required by law or regulation, and is required to destroy the information after its intended purpose has been fulfilled.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken in reliance thereon is strictly prohibited. You are further notified that unauthorized use and/or disclosure of this information may subject you to criminal and/or civil prosecution in accordance with law.  If you have received this electronic mail in error, you are hereby ordered to immediately
destroy this message and contact the sender.