[mythtv-users] Database problem using CVS - SOLVED

Andrew Ingram adingram at clara.co.uk
Sun May 16 15:12:35 EDT 2004

You may recall I had problems trying to upgrade from 0.14 to CVS last week.
I tried again today (after backing up my database this time!) and noticed
the root cause of all the errors.

Schema upgrade 1038 puts a unique index on the people.name field. In my
database, this error'd due to a duplicate entry for the new unique key. This
led to all the other rollback and other error stuff I suffered from. For
some reason I missed this original problem last week.

Anyway, I deleted all records from people, let the upgrade go ahead, and
then try loading the data back in. Out of about 12500 records, 10300 went
back in. I don't know what uses the people table, or what effect what I have
just done will have (can anyone tell me?), but it's going ok for now.

Anyway, thought I'd let you know. It might be best to check before doing the
upgrade just in case. If there are a lot of people with duplicates like me,
there will be a lot of very peeved people when they come to upgrade.

Cheers,
Andy