[mythtv-users] DataDirect and time shifting

Mikhail D'Vane mikhaildvane at hotmail.com
Sat May 15 13:45:37 EDT 2004

I recently began working with CVS myth (on a testbed setup) and
I'm very impressed with the speed of the DataDirect listings
grabber.

However, there is one problem that seems simple but I can't
figure out.

DataDirect is (naturally) sending listings with a UTC timestamp.
It seems that mythfilldatabase doesn't shift the start/end times
to my timezone when it populates the database.  This problem
does not occur when using the tv_grab_na method of populating
the database.

Here's what I've tried:

I logged into Zap2it Labs site and checked to see if there was
some setting/profile that was not set correctly per my location
(couldn't find anything related to this).

Linux was running localtime, so I changed it to UTC (no change).

I ran mythsetup and cleared the channel information when prompted.
In the general section, I changed the timeshift from Auto to -0700
(no change).

I ran mythsetup, cleared the channel info, changed timeshift back to
auto and changed back to the "old" method of grabbing listings
(program start/stop times were correct).

Any idea what I need to do?  I like the DataDirect concept much
better than the old way of grabbing listings, but it's useless to
me if I can't get the start/stop times correct.

Thanks,
Mik