Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] XBox frontend not working ("unknown socket")

Gregory J. McGee gjmcgee at
Sat May 15 10:40:51 EDT 2004

>~    It was my understanding that the Xbox-MythTV port only worked with
>MythTV v0.14.  I think .14 and CVS use different protocols and are
>incompatible.  You'd probably get a more accurate answer on the forums

>- --Phill W.

>Scott Nicholson wrote:

| Okay... I think I'm almost to a working system:
| Backend is running the latest CVS. Everything seems to be fine and
| working, but I don't have a decent vid card in the backend server,
| so I can't run the frontend to make sure...
| Frontend is an Xbox running the 0.4.3 release from
| ... and it's not working.
It won't work like that, the systems are talking, otherwise the frontend
won't start at all.

Have a spare partition? try Knoppmyth R4v3. It has .14, and will likely
work out of the box, nice minimal setup.

I have the same xbox installation, the xbox just works, backend works
great with Mandrake 10/thacs rpms. Had it working as well under cooker,
just wanted to get out of the cooker upgrade race.

You might find help on xbox-linux-users, I have seen traffic from folks
running cvs frontends/backends.