[mythtv-users] Snowy picture using Jarod's guide

Brad brad at bradandkim.net
Fri May 14 09:02:56 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 06:30, David George wrote:

> Is the coax output on the Comcast cable box and analog cable passthrough,
> or is it labeled TV out?  If it is TV out is it outputting on channel 3 or
> channel 4?  You will need to set the channel to whatever channel the cable
> box outputs on.  If it is a passthrough I don't have any ideas for you
> except to try plugging the cable into the myth box directly skipping the
> cable box and seeing if you get anything with that.
>
> HTH,
> David

That is a good question and I don't know the answer.  I am pretty sure
its labeled "To TV or VCR".  I guess that would make it TV out.  I am at
work now but will try changing the channel from 3 to 4.  That's a good
idea too to bypass the cable box altogether.  I will try both of these
things tonight.  Thanks for the help.

Brad