[mythtv-users] So there already *is* a MythTV wiki - COOL

Peter Valdemar Mørch swp5jhu02 at sneakemail.com
Fri May 14 07:18:10 EDT 2004

In July 2003, Daniel Quinlan created one at:
http://icarus.chaosengine.net/twiki/bin/view/Mythtv

Cool! I think many of us don't know that. I've followed the list for a
while and at least I didn't know that.

May I humbly suggest, that mythtv.org, Jarod's Guide, and the MythTV
wiki all link to each other to make the best use of the documentation
that has already been written?

This would mean adding links to Jarod's Guide
(http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php) and the wiki URL above on
http://mythv.org. (I tried adding these two links myself under WebLinks
in PHP-Nuke, but I get "Sorry, this Module isn't active!" when trying to
create an account, so I can't...)

To Jarod's Guide it would mean adding the Wiki URL above.

In the thread "Jarod's Guide Down", Henk Poley <>< writes:
> Some people are working on a WikiWiki site. At least someone emailed
> me privately that he's working on it with some other guys. Don' t
> know if he want the site public. Anyways there's currently nothing
> there, at least not public, only a line saying "Get ready for a
> surprise ".
>
> There's also the EPIA wiki of course, but it's rather specific to VIA
> EPIAs..

Apparently, neither Henk nor "some people" know about the pre-existing
wiki either. Please - lets not have two wikis! (Or rather - 3 if we
include the VIA EPIA wiki)

Speaking of which, is the Via EPIA wiki still up? The link I've found is:
http://blade5.bvu.edu/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=EpiaHowto
But is down today and was on Dec 7, 2003 according to the "Blade5 Wiki
not working." thread. Has it been down in the meantime, or is this just
a fluke then and today? Today, at least, it doesn't respond to pings or
HTTP gets from Denmark.

Peter

--
Peter Valdemar Mørch