[mythtv-users] PVR-250 MCE OEM PAL (32559) Success!

John Oliver john.oliver at f3software.com
Fri May 14 06:36:03 EDT 2004

I have it all working now :-)

Basically restarted from scratch with KnoppMyth R4V3, then added ivtv-0.1.10-pre2-ck65 and bttv-0.9.15. I'm not entirely sure the latter was really required.

I found that I had to build bttv before ivtv, but had to install ivtv before bttv for all this to work.

I also had to use the following modules file, despite not really understanding half of it:

alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
options ivtv ivtv_debug=1 cardtype=2 tda9887=1
options tuner type=45
options tda9887
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 tuner tda9887
add above ivtv lirc_dev lirc_i2c
post-install ivtv /usr/local/bin/test_ioctl -u 0xff -p 4  --set-format=width=720,height=576

I was about to ditch these cards but won't now!

Thanks very much to Michael Dean for putting me on the path to redemption! Also thanks to innumerable other list posters for other useful tips!

Cheers,
JohnO