[mythtv-users] RE: Xine Playing DVD's inside Myth

as asweet13 at comcast.net
Fri May 14 00:10:09 EDT 2004

Peter,

Hmm.. that is a good suggestion.  I will try it out at my earliest
chance.  I did compile from source since I couldn’t get lirc support
from the RPM.  Maybe the how to do that with an RPM eluded me :-).
Anyhow, I will try out your diagnostic and let you know how it turns
out.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Andrew Sweet asweet13-at-comcast.net |Lists| wrote:
> When playing DVD’s and videos outside myth no problems.

This is rather odd, because mythvideo/mythdvd just launches xine with
whatever command line params you've configured. In fact, it relies on
the window manager to simply put xine in front of mythfrontend. Are you
sure you don't see any problems outside of myth?

Have you tried -v and redirecting STDIN and STDOUT to a log file to have

a look at it?

I had some problems with the xine in the rpms. When fast-forwarding
through videos, it would periodically return me to the beginning of a
video, making it impossible to fast-forward. Building it from .tar.gz
solved that.

Is because I don’t have
> enough horse power? This is the system config:
>
> AMD Duron 1800
>
> 512 Ram
>
> 160 gig drive

This is pretty much the same setup I've got...

--
Peter Valdemar Mørch
http://www.XXXXXXXXX Drew