[mythtv-users] XBox frontend not working ("unknown socket")

Scott Nicholson mythtv at scottnic.com
Fri May 14 00:03:03 EDT 2004

Okay... I think I'm almost to a working system:

Backend is running the latest CVS. Everything seems to be fine and working,
but I don't have a decent vid card in the backend server, so I can't run the
frontend to make sure...

Frontend is an Xbox running the 0.4.3 release from bit.blkbk.com

... and it's not working.

It boots fine, but as soon as I start pressing buttons on the remote it gets
VERY sluggish -- I press a remote button, then wait three or four seconds
for a response.

Meanwhile, "tail -f /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log" on the backend pops up
an "Unknown socket" message every few seconds.

I've done some poking around on the list archive, but haven't found anything
that looks like an answer.

Any ideas?

---