[mythtv-users] Snowy picture using Jarod's guide

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Thu May 13 20:48:48 EDT 2004

> I am using a PVR-250 on Fedora Core 1 and went exactly off the guide.

I too had problems getting things to play correctly while manually setting
it up but decided to finish the install anyways hoping it would work. Once I
used mythtvsetup to configure the card everything worked just fine. My
system is fedora core 1 running 2 PVR-250's configured with Jarod's
excellent howto.

The fact that you get a picture full of static tells me that the card and
drivers are working. You could try hooking a antenna/cable box to the 'F'
connector on the pvr and see if you get a picture. Myself, I would just
finish the install.

Bill