[mythtv-users] PVR-350 IR Control & IR Blaster

K.R. Foley kr at cybsft.com
Thu May 13 20:29:11 EDT 2004

Will Cardenas wrote:
> I hope this isn't considered too far OT...
>
> Anyone using the PVR-350 IR recv AND using an IR blaster
> to control a cable box?  Unless I'm completely missing something
> LIRC seems to be only able to control one device.  Is this the
> case?
>
> My ultimate goal with Myth is to use the PVR-350 IR recv and
> control two cable boxes using two (isolated) IR blasters.
>
> Anyone have this setup?  Are there other configurations that
> would get me the same functionality?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Will Cardenas

I had the same problem. Yes it is doable, but for me (and others it
would seem) it was a hack. There is a howto for running multiple
instances of lirc. Unfortunately, I don't have the link here. If someone
else doesn't post it and you can't find it, I will post it this evening
when I get home.

kr

As promised here is the link to the site on getting multiple lirc's working.
http://members.cox.net/rwraithr/IRBlaster_Howto.txt