[mythtv-users] New Backend recommendations needed

Mike Drons mdrons at ins.com
Thu May 13 15:29:33 EDT 2004

I am looking to replace my backend with a new computer and looking for
recommendations.  I already own a PVR250 (OEM) version.  I am looking for a
motherboard that does it all.  The PVR card does not have the remote
functions on it.

Built in LAN
Built in Video/TV-out
IR or something that will support a remote.
Sound is optional, as I have a 5.1 sound card that I could use.
USB would be nice
Quiet case that fits into my look of the rest of the video equipment in my
living room would also be a nice to have

I would also like to run my ATI Wonder card in the backend as well, but
could use a different machine if I can't find one with enough PCI
slots/power.

I have looked at the Asus Pundit system, but it does not have the IR support
on it.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Mike