[mythtv-users] Changechannel script trouble

Michael Segulja msegulja at lmdcs.com
Wed May 12 19:22:54 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 12 May 2004 05:27 pm, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
> Michael Segulja wrote:
> >I'm using the S-Video input on the capture card.  I definitely agree that
> > it does not appear to be a problem with the change channel script, but
> > I'm still not sure what to look at.  I have the input set up in Myth
> > setup to use the s-video input, and have even tried setting all of the
> > inputs to the same settings, just to make sure.
> >
> >Anybody have any ideas of what I should check?
>
> Out of curiosity what's the output of mythfrontend look like when you
> try to change channels?  It's not complaining about "checkChannel
> failed" is it?

I don't see mythfrontend complaining about CheckChannel, but I do get the
following when I start up the mythbackend:

2004-05-12 18:08:05 CheckChannel failed. Please verify channel "3" in the
"setup" Channel Editor.

In order to get rid of this message, I have to fill in a channel number for
the starting channel in the backend setup, but this of course does not work,
because when I start mythbackend and it tries to change channels, I get the
infamous green screen of death on the frontend that I mentioned in my other
posts. :)

Is there some sort of issue with this CheckChannel message?  Also, I noticed
yesterday when I was messing around with this that I got an error on the
backend that said something to the effect of VIDEOSYNC:INPUT/OUTPUT:ERROR
when I tried to change channels.  I can't remember exactly what it said and
after rebooting the backend have not been able to get it to duplicate the
error again.

Thanks for your help.  I'm _really_ hoping I can get this resolved soon
because this is the last step in completing my Myth setup.  It's such an
awesome application I can't wait to start using it full time.

Thanks again,
Michael