[mythtv-users] DVB questions.

Christian Höhle Christian at CHoehle.de
Wed May 12 05:12:28 EDT 2004

Hi,

> But when i try the Watch TV it goes black.

I have a similar problem and I think it's related with my DVB-Card
(Hauppauge Nova-s) and/or drivers, because it does not lock properly.

Did you try to tune to any channel using szap? Did you try to playback the
tuned channel using dvbstream and mplayer? If both works, your base config
is ok.

If you run mythbackend on a console window, toggle "watch tv" in
mythfrontend and then watch the output of mythbackend, there are some
messages about the DVB tuning status. In my case, there are several lines
telling me (alternating) that there is or is not a LOCK.
If I use backend setup and use "card verification" for my DVB-Card and tune
to any channel, the signal status bar goes left, right, left, right ... (all
night long if not stopped ;-)), although every second status has a lock.
That seems to be the same effect as mythbackend's command line output...

Anyone suggestions?

PS: What card do you use?