[mythtv-users] no sound on PVR-250 capture

Travis travs at wsor.net
Wed May 12 00:06:18 EDT 2004

I'm using FC1, kernel 2.4.22-1.2179.nptl_47.rhfc1.at which the corresponding
ivtv version and kmdl on a P4 2.4 MSI i865G board.  ALSA seemed to install
fine and I can play video and sound with no problems.

I'm following Jarod's guide through and am attempting to capture with

# cat /dev/video0 > test.mpg

I get lots of snow but no sound.  I've replaced the msp3400 with

# /sbin/rmmod ivtv
# mv msp3400.o msp3400.o.orig
# /sbin/depmod -a
# /sbin/modprobe ivtv

After which capture still produces the same results.  I've searched the list
and found most people had problems back upgrading from 0.11 but couldn't
seem to find anything to help me.

I will know my linux experience is limited so if there is any specific
output I can give that might help resolve my situation please just let me
know what you need and it'll get it right back.  I really appreciate all the
time everyone puts into this list.  Thank you all.

-- Travis