[mythtv-users] screen position w/ pvr350

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Tue May 11 21:22:47 EDT 2004

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 08:38:41PM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>well it lets me adjust screen size, so that i can find one that fits
>>my screen better, but when i mess with the x and y coordinates so that
>>it will move the window, it does nothing.

For the size/postion of setup and menu stuff, changing the
values of

Setup/Appearance/ScreenSettings/GUI [XY] offset

worked fine for me (running 0.14).  I was using fvwm2, but now
I don't use any window manager at all.  In both cases the GUI X
and Y offsets worked fine.

Font sizes for some things (e.g. program guide) have to be
adjusted by changing the DPI in your X-server, the font-size
settings under Setup don't control much.

The size/position of the OSD is controlled by the
Settings/TV/Playback/Overscan stuff.

> Which window manager/desktop environment are you using
> (fluxbox, blackbox, twm, fvwm, GNOME, KDE, etc.)?  What is its
> current policy on window placement?

Michael is probably right: the WM window placement policy is
the leading suspect.

Try it w/o any WM, and see what happens.

--
Grant