[mythtv-users] tv_grab_na_dd backport data to .14 system?

William Powers wepprop at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 11 17:07:42 EDT 2004

Gerald Schepens wrote:
> Here's a version of the file that is intended to grab data from two
> different lineups, one from standard cable and the other from digital.
> I hope you can comment on whether this script will work.

I can't comment directly because I've never personally dealt with
multiple lineups.  It *looks* like Mike Dean's script, which he vouched
for, and from what I know about tv_grab_na_dd, I think it should work.

Best advice I can give is to backup your database first and then try it!

As a refinement, one thing you might consider is connecting all of the
'tv_grab_na_dd' and 'mythfilldatabase' statements together with '&&'.
That way, if the first command fails, the remaining statements won't
execute with possibly bad input data, potentially corrupting your database.

Good luck!

Bill