[mythtv-users] mythtv problems after system hang

Jim Bauer jfbauer at comcast.net
Mon May 10 20:11:38 EDT 2004

I have been happily using mythtv for a few months now.  The only problems I
have had are the occasional mythfrontend crash.  However the other day I
found by mythtv box (runs both front and backends) had locked up.  It was
unresponsive to keyboard (or remote) or pings.  So I reset the system and
it appeared to com up fine.  I watched a previously recorded show without any
problem.

However, from then on, any new recording has had problems:
- The post-recording commercial flagging never seems to end.
- The file sizes are much less then they use to be (1.5G vs 2.2G) and in one
case a 2hr show has a file size of 0.
- When watching a new recording, it looks like it keeps dropping frames.
Every so often, there is a little skip and you often see a bunch of little
black squares on the scrren for a second or two.

Other reboots/power cycles have had not improvement.
I have not touched any of the SW on this system for quite some time now.
The only errors I see logged are "ivtv: Not enough free buffers, stream 0" but
I always had them, there is just a *lot* more of them.

System info