[mythtv-users] Shell Script for Creating Friendly Show Names

Michael Starks mythtv at michaelstarks.com
Mon May 10 16:31:34 EDT 2004

Joel Melohn wrote:
> Try this script. You will need to edit the directory locations.
>
> It is setup for using the video files under Windows. If you want to use it
> under linux and want to have the spaces replaced by underscore, there are
> two lines that you can uncomment to accomplish this.
>
> Joel

Joel,

Thanks.  Putting the shows into directories by show names is a nice
improvement.  One question-- and this might not be directly related to
the script:  I plan on downloading shows from another location.  The
SFTP client shows the file size of the link, rather than the show.  Is
there a way to have the actual show size displayed where the link is
instead of the link size?  Does this make sense?  Thanks.