[mythtv-users] Problems with the swedish tv_grab_se

Jesper Sörensen jesper at datapartner.se
Mon May 10 13:17:04 EDT 2004

> The tv_grab_se gives me a complaint when I try to use it. I've ran it
> with the --configure option but when I try to do a "mythfilldatabase
> --manual" it says
>
> config file /home/mythtv/.mythtv/test.xmltv does not exist, run me
> with --configure
> Has anyone got a solution to this problem? I would appreciate a whole lot.

Try http://www.lysator.liu.se/~lindahl/projects/televinken/ instead. As
a bonus it has support for more channels. You probably need to patch
storage_modules/xmltv.pm so that it replaces &, < and > with their
correct XML entities instead (&amp; etc).

Then I suggest you run it like this:
./fetch_listings.pl
recode latin1..utf8 xmltv_listing.xml
mythfilldatabase --file 1 -1 xmltv_listing.xml

At least this works for me. :-)